Keningtons has been established for 85 years with offices in London and Swindon. We provide a complete range of property services with both local and national coverage.
We advise Property Funds, Property Companies, Banks, Occupiers of Industrial, Office and Retail Property, Charities, Trade Unions and Individuals. To all our clients we strive to deliver:
Brian Kenington and Kenneth Higgins established Keningtons in 1935 and occupied premises in Eagle House, 108-110 Jermyn Street. They had a number of entrepreneurial clients for whom they managed property.
During World War 2, Brian Kenington was involved in the acquisition of properties for the War Department, one of which was Butlins Holiday Camp in Skegness.
Immediately after the war, they were joined by Stanley Warren, who had been engaged in trench warfare in World War 1.
In 1945 the partnership moved to 96 Piccadilly. At around this time, they were also involved in the return of properties acquired during the war, including the Skegness Holiday Camp.
In 1952 Keningtons moved to
Douglas House, 55a Duke Street on the corner of Oxford Street, taking a long
lease of this property from the District Bank, subsequently the National
Westminster Bank which occupied the ground floor.
Tony Goodman joined in 1958 and became a partner in 1961. He retired from the partnership in the late 1980s.
During this period they continued to grow, acting for a number of substantial clients, one of which was the Queensway store of William Whiteley and they managed and created the Avon Trading Estate, West Kensington on substantial premises formerly used as depository buildings on behalf of the store.
They also acted for Commercial Union, Refuge Assurance, S&W Berisford, Glengrove, Yatton Furniture and the Chandless Estate, as well as various Friendly Societies.
In 1989 the firm moved to 35-38 Portman Square and, through the stewardship of David Hassard, David Kerr, Tim Peters, Jill Howells and Chris Heard, the firm saw its biggest growth period.
Keningtons moved from Portman Square to NBK House, 9-13 George Street in late 2004.
The Swindon office was opened in 1995. Simon Ormrod joined the partnership in early 2005 and has been the force behind the development of the Swindon office. We are now one of the leading agency practices in Swindon.
Tim Poulston joined the partnership in 2005, merging his former firm, Poulston Lees, into Keningtons, bringing with him a specialism in the Trade Union and not for profit sector.
In November 2009, we moved to new offices at 33 Welbeck Street.
Our focus remains in high quality national consultancy, including agency, investment, development, facilities and asset management, building surveying, valuation, landlord and tenant, and rating work.
Major clients now include Crown Records Management, Aberdeen Property Investors UK Ltd, Canterbury Christ Church University, RBS/Nat West, Stannah Lift Holdings Ltd, Unite, Unison, University and College Union, Community, Genus plc, and a wide range of property companies and private investors.
In October 2014 we moved offices to the second floor at 72-75 Marylebone High Street, London W1, we love being based in the heart of Marylebone.
All our partners are Members or Fellows of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
We practice to the highest standards of professionalism and are regulated by the RICS.
Our in house training scheme provides our graduate trainees with the skills and experience they need to succeed in the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence, in order to become full RICS members.
Keningtons has 5 Registered Valuers under the RICS Registered Valuers Scheme introduced in April 2011.
Keningtons is a professional and forward thinking business, aware of the impact upon society and the environment that arises through the provision of its services. We work within a CSR framework and realise the need for accountability for the social, economic and environmental impact of our operations.
The Partners and Senior Management have full responsibility for CSR strategy and its implementation.
Our commitment is reflected in the following policies:-